Sport Premium Funding
The Danesholme Junior Academy will receive £19 450 of Sports Premium funding for 2017/18.
£1400 of this will be spent on accessing the GAT Sports Premium package – details below.
The rest of our funding will be spent on:
- Staff training to improve skills at delivering high quality PE
- Purchasing teaching resources to support the delivery of high quality PE
- Support for pupils to support healthy lifestyles and to improve vigorous activity to 30 minutes per day for each child
- Employing external specialist coaches to deliver a range of new activities
- Developing links with local providers around new and challenging opportunities
- Travel costs to access sporting events and opportunities locally and regionally
- Developing of the PE teaching environment
- Further purchase of resources to support the PE curriculum
- Ongoing refreshment of active play resources to provide healthy activities at break times and lunchtimes
- Membership of the Northants SSCO (School Sports Co-ordinators)
- GAT Sports Premium package.
As part of our commitment to the development of primary sport, the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust has created a strategic plan to enhance provision and generate longevity through individual bespoke training opportunities.
To facilitate this plan, a proportion of the Sport Premium Funding (£1,400 per Academy) will be utilised. The remaining funding will be used by Principals to further enrich their PE and sport provision, taking into consideration individual sports partnerships, tailored areas for curriculum development and localised specialist providers and facilities.
The Director of Sport is available to advise and support all primary Principals with all aspects of PE and Sport (including Sport Premium Funding).
Below is the package that all primary Academies within the Trust receive. This includes potential development areas and the pedagogy supporting the initiatives.
Futher information can be found here.