Sport Premium Funding
We spend our sports funding to suport the following principles:
- To hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside our teachers when teaching PE, to increase their professional knowledge, skills and confidence when teaching sport
- To increase the provision of places and clubs for pupils outside and during school hours
- To access and participate in sport competitions and in the school games, particularly within the Corby local Cluster group of schools
- To improve the quality and quantity of materials for PE/sport in our Academy
- To provide inspiration for our young people through raising the profile of sport.
Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust Sports strategy:
As part of our commitment to the development of primary sport, the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust has created a strategic plan to enhance provision and generate longevity through individual bespoke training opportunities.
To facilitate this plan, a proportion of the Sport Premium Funding (£1,800 per Academy) will be utilised. The remaining funding will be used by Principals to further enrich their PE and sport provision, taking into consideration individual sports partnerships, tailored areas for curriculum development and localised specialist providers and facilities.
The Director of Sport is available to advise and support all primary Principals with all aspects of PE and Sport (including Sport Premium Funding).
Below is the package that all primary Academies within the Trust receive. This includes potential development areas and the pedagogy supporting the initiatives.
Futher information can be found here.