The recent extension of the national Coronavirus restrictions presents us with a number of challenges when it comes to end of year transition. We are still required to keep the children in their ‘bubbles’ and to avoid mixing and we also cannot move children into different areas of the school. With that in mind, we have put together a transition package that we hope will enable your child to prepare for the upcoming change in September, whilst working within the guidelines that are still in place.
Our physical transition meetings will take place as detailed below. On this day your child will meet their new teacher and also the other members of their new class – the meeting will be held outdoors (or in the school hall if it is a wet day) and the children will be grouped with their existing ‘bubble’ for the session.
· Friday 9th July: Year 2 children meet their Year 3 teachers
· Tuesday 13th July: Year 3 children meet their Year 4 teachers
· Wednesday 14th July: Year 4 children meet their Year 5 teachers
· Thursday 15th July: Year 5 children meet their Year 6 teachers
· Our year 6 pupils who are off to secondary school all have different arrangements place according to their secondary school.