- About Us
- Sport Premium/PE
- Extra-curricular opportunities/sporting competitions 2017/18
- After School Clubs
After School Clubs
We are pleased to be able to offer free after school clubs this half term. Clubs start on Monday 19th February and finish on Thursday 29th March. Our clubs are limited by places, which are indicated below and children are selected at random. Please tick the clubs your child would like to attend. Slips must be returned to the office by Wednesday 7th February. You will be notified by text message whether your child has a place by Friday 9th February. If you do not receive a text then unfortunately your child has not got a place this time.
Football: Year 3/4 3:30pm – 4:30pm Mr Park and Mr Austin 20 places
Archery: Year 4/5 3:30pm – 4:30pm Mrs Scully 10 places
Book Club (*): Year 5/6 3:30pm – 4:30pm Mrs Green 10 places
Science Club: Year 3/4 3:30pm – 4:30pm Miss Woolley 12 places
Netball Club: Year 5/6 3:30pm – 4:30pm Mrs Ashcroft and Miss Garvey 20 places
Film Club: Year 5/6 3:30pm – 4:30pm Miss Gilchrist 14 places
Sock Monkey Club (**): Year 4/5/6 3:30pm-4:30pm Mrs Green 10 places
Don’t forget Pacesetter Sports also offer a running club on Tuesday 3:30 – 4:30, a gymnastic club on a Wednesday 3:30 – 4:30, a dodgeball club on a Thursday 3:30-4:30 and a cheerleading club on a Friday evening 3:30-4:30pm. Please see the Pacesetter leaflet your child brought home or book at: www.pacesettersports.co.uk
Also we are delighted to have Dan Good running a conditioning club this term. Places are limited so if you would like to apply for a place please fill in the from attached and return to school.
Club Membership Expectations
- Children will attend for a maximum of a half term and then you will need to re-register them.
- Our Children’s code of conduct applies to all clubs.
- Children must have a full PE kit appropriate for the sport they are undertaking.
- Children must show respect for all adults involved in running the clubs at all times. A lack of respect will result in warning and then if it continues, your child will be asked to leave the club.
- If a child is going to be absent from a club on any occasion, an adult must contact the school with a message addressed to ‘Mrs Faulds’ detailing which club your child will not be attending.
- Children must be collected from clubs at the given time as per the registration arrangements.
- If a child no longer wishes to attend any club, a letter to the school addressed to ‘Mrs Faulds’ is required from parents detailing which club they no longer wish to attend.
The school will send a text message out as far in advance as possible if a club is going to be cancelled. If you are unable pick your child up after school then the leader of the club your child should be attending will supervise your child until the normal collection time for the cancelled club. Thank you for your support.